Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Ability to multitask, balance priorities take direction and meet strict deadlines while working independently in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to work closely with the sales, programming and finance departments. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare daily program logs for one or more radio stations;
- Schedule radio commercials and process commercial contracts daily;
- Produce and reconcile weekly broadcast logs;
- Prioritizing daily workflow to ensure that advertising revenue is maximized
- Run weekly and daily reports for staff and management
- Interact daily with members of the sales team for needed copy;
- Maintain and organize barter and trade agreement contracts
- Oversee and delegate barter ads
- Ensure all programs, commercials and public affair materials are aired in accordance with FCC regulations and Bicoastal Media policies
- EEO and Quarterly reports
- Assist with requests for information from the General Manager and Corporate office;
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash account;
- Answer phones and greet visitors;
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable and accounts payable functions;
- Perform routine administrative tasks as needed for the efficiency of the business office;
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with business clients, the general public and other personnel;
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines;
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable and payable;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn applicable FCC rules and regulations;
- Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to prepare necessary documents including letters, orders, reports and forms following company policies and procedures with the established timelines;
- Ability to collect and organize data and information;
- Computer literacy in applicable programs i.e. Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.;
- Knowledge of record-keeping techniques and filing systems;
- Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills, and sound judgement;
- Due to the nature of this position, the employee may encounter difficult/unpleasant clients or members of the public, and must be able to emotionally deal with the stress caused by confrontational situations.
- Able to meet schedules and time-lines and to deal with stress caused by workload and deadlines;
- Prolonged sitting in an office environment;
- Ability to bend and stoop;
- Ability to climb and descend stairs;
- Ability to interact with many types of personalities. This factor may contribute to a stressful environment;
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.;
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and talk or hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Job may require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
This job operates as an internal office position, which includes working in a professional office environment. This position requires the employee to work in a typical office setting, using a copier/fax/scanner, computer, telephone, phone as well as occasional driving. On occasions, this position is required to participation in after-hours events.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typically, hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.