Our media company is seeking an Operations Manager for our Lakeport Office. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Responsible for the overall sound of every radio station, including and not limited to all music, imaging, programming, and promotions for their station. Creatively and efficiently oversee all production of advertising commercials, station promotions, and public service commitments. Supervise air talent to ensure the development of a marketable product. Ensures proper transition between the traffic, sales, programming, and production departments. Maintains public service in accordance with FCC rules and regulations. Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities are performed in a timely, professional, and accurate manner. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains up-to-date music and sound effects library. Ensures programming is consistent and appropriate for the respective format.
- Oversees imaging for the station. Chooses voices to maintain consistency. Writes and produces imaging as necessary.
- Works with engineer and Production staff to ensure compliance with all FCC rules and regulations.
- Assists engineers with the technical operation of the stations. Identifies and communicates to the General Manager and Market Engineer programming hardware and software needs necessary for the operation of the cluster.
- Selects appropriate specialty programming. Ensure the completion of all affidavits regarding programming. Research and understand the target demographic and station ratings. Assess the market competition and develop marketing strategies, programming, and contest to grow ratings.
- Assists in the creation of copy and production for clients. Ensures commercials are produced and dubbed. Schedules personnel, studios, and recording sessions for commercial production.
- Works with Account Executives to ensure client expectations are met. Create and execute promotional events and contests within the department budget. Negotiates and purchases collateral and other promotional items. Develop strategic relationships with entertainment and event venues to benefit the station. Work with local charities to the mutual benefit of the community, the charity, and the station.
- Conceive, coordinate and implement on-air and off-air promotions and events in order to promote the station’s image, logo, and general presence in the marketplace and primary demographic.
- Ensures talent is scheduled for all outside appearances, remote broadcasts, and special events.
- Supervises Program Directors in Cluster. Serves as liaison between Programming and other departments. Resolves an interpersonal conflict between departments.
- Monitors and maintains production equipment. Works with market engineers to solve technical problems.
- Works with the traffic and sales department to anticipate and avoid operational problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal Transportation to and from the work location.
- Understanding of station’s programming strategies.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Problem-solving ability and skills in prioritizing.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision.
- Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines.
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and possibly getting in and out of a transportation vehicle.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job may require lifting or move up to 50 lbs.
This job includes working in a professional office environment. This position requires the employee to work in a typical office setting, using a computer, telephone, cell phone, and other programming equipment. On occasions, this position requires participation in after-hours events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. A full job description will be available during the interview process. If you have the necessary skills and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter introducing yourself, along with your resume.
If you are interested, we’d love to talk to you!