FLSA STATUS: Exempt HOURS: Full-time
Responsible for overall sound of every radio station, including and not limited to all music, imaging, programming and promotions for their station. Creatively and efficiently oversee all production of advertising commercials, stations promotions and public service commitments. Supervise the development of a marketable product. Ensures proper transition between the traffic, sales and programming and production departments. Maintains public service in accordance with FCC rules and regulations. Makes sure all station equipment and vehicles are maintained and working properly. Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities are performed in a timely, professional, and accurate manner. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains up-to-date music and sound effects library. Ensures programming is consistent and appropriate for respective format. Follows trends in the industry to better program the station. Oversees music rotation, testing and play list development.
- Oversees imaging for station. Chooses voices to maintain consistency. Writes and produces imaging as necessary.
- Works with engineer and Production staff to ensure compliance with all FCC rules and regulations. Assists engineer with the technical operation of the stations. Identifies and communicates to the General Manager and Market Engineer programming hardware and software needs necessary for the operation of the cluster.
- Selects appropriate specialty programming. Ensure the completion of all affidavits regarding programming. Research and understand target demographic and station ratings. Assess market competition and develop marketing strategies, programming and contest to grow ratings.
- Assists in the creation of copy and production for clients. Ensures commercials are produced and dubbed. Schedules personnel, studios and recording sessions for commercial production.
- Work with Account Executives to ensure client expectations are met. Negotiates and purchases collateral and other promotional items. Develop strategic relationships with entertainment and event venues to benefit the station. Work with local charities to the mutual benefit of the community, the charity and the station.
- Ensures talent is schedules for all outside appearances, remote broadcast and special events.
- Supervises Program Directors in Cluster. Serves as liaison between Programming and other departments. Resolves interpersonal conflict between departments.
- Monitors and maintains production equipment. Works with market engineers to solve technical problems.
- Works with the traffic and sales department to anticipate and avoid operational problems.
- Maintains station websites, and regularly updates content, including digital banners.
- Manages social media accounts, and uses various platforms to engage followers, and promote station activities, contests, and events on a regular basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Understanding of station’s programming strategies. Computer literacy in applicable programs. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Problem-solving ability and skills in prioritizing. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision. Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma and a valid driver’s license.
Job may require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.