JOB TITLE: Traffic Manager
Hours: Full Time
Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Ability to multitask, balance priorities take direction and meet strict deadlines while working independently in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to work closely with the sales, programming and finance departments. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare daily program logs for one or more radio stations;
- Schedule radio commercials and process commercial contracts daily;
- Produce and reconcile weekly broadcast logs;
- Prioritizing daily workflow to ensure that advertising revenue is maximized;
- Interact daily with members of the sales team for needed copy;
- Maintain and organize barter and trade agreement contracts;
- Ensure all programs, commercials and public affair materials are aired in accordance with FCC regulations and Bicoastal Media policies;
- Assist with requests for information from the General Manager and Corporate office;
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash account;
- Answer phones and greet visitors;
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable and accounts payable functions;
- Perform routine administrative tasks as needed for the efficiency of the business office;
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with business clients, the general public and other personnel;
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines;
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable and payable;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn applicable FCC rules and regulations;
- Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to prepare necessary documents including letters, orders, reports and forms following company policies and procedures with the established timelines;
- Ability to collect and organize data and information;
- Computer literacy in applicable programs i.e. Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.;
- Knowledge of record-keeping techniques and filing systems;
- Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills, and sound judgement;
- Due to the nature of this position, the employee may encounter difficult/unpleasant clients or members of the public, and must be able to emotionally deal with the stress caused by confrontational situations.
- Able to meet schedules and time-lines and to deal with stress caused by workload and deadlines;
This job operates as an internal office position, which includes working in a professional office environment. This position requires the employee to work in a typical office setting, using a copier/fax/scanner, computer, telephone, phone as well as occasional driving. On occasions, this position is required to participation in after-hours events.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typically, hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Bicoastal Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Send resumes and references to:
1635 South Gold
Centralia, WA 98531
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org